Well the time has finally come for me to be released from my calling as the Primary President. I have known this was coming for a week so I had that time to prepare and ponder on what that meant to me. To my surprise I was a lot sadder than I thought I would be. Don't get me wrong I knew I would be sad but I didn't think it would be to the point that if I thought about it too much I would go into tears.
Being released has my emotions all over the place. I am relieved; however I am sad. I have had some wonderful spiritual experiences serving, most of which happened in leadership meetings or when learning new songs. I have served with some amazing women, who I have grown to truly love and am so blessed I can call them my friends.
This calling has truly been one of joy mixed with frustration. I have learned some very valuable lessons. I have had to learn to be patient, more compassionate, flexible and understanding (all at times are works in progress). I love my Savior Jesus Christ I know he lives and He died for me. He felt every pain and every frustration when He atoned for me. He has helped me through rough times, I know I would not have made it through those times without the Savior by my side or carrying me. Most of all I know he atoned not only for me but for every one of the children I have grown to love. I learned to see the children as our savior does and that is a lesson I plan to keep with me the rest of my life.
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment