When I last posted the weather was nice, the sun was shining and we were wearing shorts. Well how time flies, I have now had to turn the heater on for a bit in the mornings and we are wearing coats. As much as I don't enjoy the cold weather I do enjoy the events of fall.
I love Halloween so I had to change the background of the blog...I could not resist! Micaela is so excited for Halloween as well she plans to be Tinker Bell and has told many people of her plans, the story-time teacher at the library, my friend, my stylist, ok just about anyone who will listen she has told, it is the funniest thing. Good thing she hasn't told them I am going to be a dinosaur (that is what she wants me to be, it won't be happening).
A hallmark of Fall (and Spring) is General Conference. I love to sit and listen to the prophet and apostles speak. We were reminded more than once that we need to love. I know I need to work on this. We were even able to get Micaela to listen to bits here and there. At times she was listening and we didn't even realize it, she would say "hey, he just said Holy Ghost!" or "she said Jesus, mom!" Because Micaela has learned well who President Monson is she remembers what he said; in her words he said "we need to be nice." I love to watch my daughter learn about the gospel! It is so amazing to hear the things she remembers from primary, family home evening, and conference.
After listening to conference I have made it my goal to read the Book of Mormon from front to back before the end of the year. There are a little less than 90 days left in the year so I think I can rise to the challenge and reread it. I started today by reading 1 Nephi 1 with Micaela. Micaela has her own Book of Mormon and loves when I read to her from it or when we use her scriptures for Family Home Evening. I plan to read a few more chapters before heading to bed tonight. I believe that this endeavor will help me in my journey to love more and to love better.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment