****This was an extremely long day so it has potential to be a long post.****
We have had tickets to a Jazz game for awhile and since James car pools and didn't have to drive to work the plan was I would pick him up and we would find somewhere to have dinner before the game. Great plan huh? Well it didn't quite happen that way. James had to drive so what would we do? Yes, we own two cars however why would we want to drive both and waste the money. My brilliant idea, Micaela and I would take the bus and meet James at the Gateway Mall, problem solved. James went off to work and I went back to sleep. A few hours later Micaela and I would start our day.
Get up use the bathroom (unfortunately the water was turned off for an emergency repair). Micaela thought it was pretty funny that the toilet made a different sound and didn't refill, she was not as impressed with the fact that she could not wash her hands *gross*. While Micaela ate breakfast I tried to figure out the bus route we needed to take to be to the mall by 5:00. Wow, it was ridiculous, we had to get on a bus at 1:56 to be downtown in time. Now it was time to get dressed even though I had not showered yet, I had visiting teachers coming over and I needed to be dressed and get the living room cleaned.
By noon the water was still not on so we opted to run some errands in hopes the water would be on by the time we got home. That wasn't the case though, the water was still off when we returned forty minutes later. So with not much time left before having to board our bus we ate lunch got our gear together and were off for the bus stop. Just as we were crossing the street the bus passed us by...10 minutes early I might add. It turned out it wasn't our bus, phew! Right on time we boarded the right bus and we were off. Well we were off for about 15 minutes at least, the right bus had to make a stop and wait for about 20 minutes or so but there was another coming up that we could get on that would have limited stops. While we were waiting for the other bus on our current bus (it was cold out, sunny but cold) we came upon a wallet. What to you do with a lost wallet on the bus well we gave it to the driver, and he called it in. Still while we were waiting the owner of the wallet came to check the bus, he had probably checked more than one bus by that point. He was so overcome with relief he was in tears; he hugged me, offered to by me lunch and Micaela an ice cream, I declined the offer but felt great for having helped this man. We than boarded our next bus bound for the Harmon's area (downtown West Valley City) where we would wait over and hour for the next bus. We wondered around the grocery store for a bit then went out to our stop to wait in the wind. Micaela of course would stay quite warm I made sure of that, I however froze. Finally about 10 minutes late our bus arrived we were headed for downtown Salt Lake one stop at a time!
We had a nice little chat with a man on the bus about kids. After he got off we sat in mostly silence for the rest of our journey. Our itinerary had us getting on another bus about 2 blocks over and 3 blocks up from the mall, I opted for walking the remainder of the way. That walk actually didn't happen because our current bus stopped right at the end of the mall, thus ending our 2 hour bus adventure!
By this point I needed some real food. I know we were going to meet James within an hour however if I didn't eat something other than candy I was going to be ill. Panda Express to the rescue. After finally getting my core temperature up with the warmth of the food court we ventured outside (as the gateway is an outdoor mall) to wander the shops. Nothing really caught my eye so it was back to the food court to wait for James who was running late. After arriving James, got some Panda as well and we wasted time letting Micaela play on all the "quarter" rides. We ventured out once more to cross the street to the Energy Solutions Arena for our first ever Utah Jazz game. To be honest the game wasn't that exciting but watching Micaela dance around and scream until her heart was content was pretty funny! The Jazz lost by...well I am not sure what the score was but I know it was somewhat close.
When we returned home the water was back on, we knew right away because Micaela didn't turn the faucet off after trying to wash her hands. We have no idea when the water came back on so luckily there was not flooding involved. The End
No comments:
Post a Comment